It will help a great deal to quickly browse through the instructions before starting. To avoid common oversights in assembly please note the following:
- IF INSTALLING BY YOURSELF: It can improve the ease of mounting the top half by leaving the support bar installation in about half way up the top section, to hold onto and lift the top section over the bottom connection sleeves more easily.
- Applying the LUBE: prior to installing the bar assembly into the extrusions, apply only a small amount of lubrication (included) around the outside of the lengths of the long black sliders. Only a small amount is needed and helps to eliminate any resistance of bar movement or stick from not lifting the bar level through the channels.
- Suggest using locktite (thread lock) in THIS LOCATION.
- Once all screws are in place, check sliding of the Support Bar from top to bottom. It should run smoothly, without catching, (be mindful to guide the bar in a level approach – this can take a few times to practice), however, it is recommended to apply only a very small amount of the lubrication provided (using your finger works best), to the sides of the inner channel the black slider edges contact. Once you run the bar up and down the system a dozen times to work in the lubrication, you can determine if more is needed.
- Once the screws are all secured on the system it should run very easily and smoothly up and down the height of the frame. If there is any resistance apply more lubrication to those areas and work them in. It may require slightly loosening the screws to ensure they are properly balanced and aligned before tightening again.