*It will help a great deal to quickly browse through the instructions (and watch videos below) before starting.
To avoid common oversights in assembly please note the following UPDATED INSTRUCTIONS:
- Build the Main upright first and set aside (you will have extra hardware left over that is only required for doorway install), then build the base, and finally lift the main upright to onto the base to secure.
- There will be extra parts from the Main system construction (the Main system comes with doorway mount hardware included).
- Be sure to note the special instruction for step 3 (link here), for preparing the base level with the support feet adjustments.
- IF INSTALLING BY YOURSELF: It can improve the ease of mounting the upright if you set the support bar about 3/4 way to top header to hold onto and lift the top section over the base connection sleeves more easily.
- Applying the LUBE: prior to installing the bar assembly into the extrusions, apply only a small amount of lubrication (included) around the outside edges of the long black sliders. Only a small amount is needed and helps to eliminate any resistance of bar movement or stick from not lifting the bar level through the channels.
- Once all screws are in place, check sliding of the Support Bar from top to bottom. It should run smoothly, without catching, (be mindful to guide the bar in a level approach – this can take a few times to practice), however, it is recommended to apply only a very small amount of the lubrication provided (using your finger works best), to the sides of the inner channel the black slider edges contact. Once you run the bar up and down the system a dozen times to work in the lubrication, you can determine if more is needed.
- Once the screws are all secured on the system it should run very easily and smoothly up and down the height of the frame. If there is any resistance apply more lubrication to those areas and work them in. It may require slightly loosening the screws to ensure they are properly balanced and aligned before tightening again.