Assembly Tips Ultimate Wall or Door
Congratulations on your purchase of the SoloStrength Ultimate Door/Wall. This system has detailed assembly instructions in the manual provided or online here. There are however some important tips below, to assist in the most trouble free, perfect installation.
- When installing the Support Bar mechanism into the top half of the assembly (Step 2), you only need to apply a very small amount of the lubrication (provided), the outer side edges of the black sliders, prior to inserting them into the channel. Once the system is installed you can add more lubrication until the bar runs perfectly smoothly up and down the height of the frame.
- All assembly screws for the main frame system itself can be tightened down before raising assembly, with the exception of Step 5, the screw and bolt that connects items 7 and 8 should be kept loose for the doorway adjustments needed in following steps.
- The 6 contact points allow for the system to be centered, and adjust to different angles of the door frame, and the following are important steps to follow carefully to ensure a tight, centered and balanced installation:
- First, raise the system to sit in front of the doorway, as centered as possible (depending on your door width, some shifting off of center may be required to adjust for tighter corner walls or other space limitations.
- Then find the tightest distance to the door frame to fit your system, being sure the screws and hardware for securing it are clear of the doorframe and floor moldings as desired.
- Adjust the contact brackets (piece 7) to the door frame, and start to fit them tighter the frame. Follow the next steps carefully and test well before securing the brackets to the door frame.
- Begin, with first connecting one of the middle brackets to the door frame, with the screws provided. An electric drill is suggested for best results and use strong pressure.
- Once one of the brackets is installed, tighten the nut that connects the doorway bracket to the ULTIMATE system. Following this, fit the rest of the doorway connection brackets to the frame, best as possible. They may need slight adjustments before mounting them to the frame and tightening the bolts.
- Before connecting the second MIDDLE bracket to the door frame, gently pull in the flanges releasing the pins on the slider bar assembly, and run the bar up and down the height of the system several times to ensure its operating smoothly and spacing the system out to correct level. After it’s smoothly running up and down the system, lock the bar around center height of the frame, to assist in the correct spacing for the bracket. Use the screws to mount the second middle height bracket now and tighten a bit more, the acorn nut on this second side.
- Run the bar up and down the height of the system again several times, to help find the correct spacing and adjustments for your specific door frame. Once this is complete, raise the bar to the top level, and lock it in place. Mount one of the brackets with the screws to the door frame, and tighten the connection. AFTER this is completed run the bar the height again, make sure the bar is locking into place at various heights smoothly, and without having to adjust the FRAME at all, but this is the time to make those adjustments if needed. – Once you are happy with how the bar is locking into place, leave the bar locked in the upper locations, and secure the second bracket.
- Slide the bar again the full height several times checking the ease of sliding, and proper locking of the pins at all holes (the line around the bar will show inside the pull flange when it’s fully locked into place securely). Focus now on the lower level connections now ensuring smooth function and proper locking into place.
- After all mounts have been secured, ensure all doorway to frame connection bolts are tightened fully.
- Once all screws are in place, check sliding of the Support Bar from top to bottom. Apply enough lubrication to ensure the slider is running perfectly smoothly.
- You should be ready to go! Reference the SpeedFit Training Guide provided and the online training reference and videos HERE.
- Follow the same steps as above but add the wall mount installation arms onto the mounting brackets and tighten them firmly before marking wall to secure the screws.
- Start with the middle height brackets and lightly tighten the screws – ensuring the system is properly spaced before tightening the second side. You do this by running the slider bar up and down the height of the system before securing to wall.
- Next space the system again by running the bar up and down and doing the right side upper section and then right side lower section before doing the left side upper and lower wall mounts.
- Keeping in mind the 6 anchor points, the system is well braced with drywall or concrete anchors provided, for suggested use. If you are anticipating extremely heavy lateral forces and want to make sure your system is secured to studs, we have had customers secure the 6 anchor points to a sheet of plywood (Dimensions: 48” x 76”) and then securing that to the studs where they are located behind it. This also gives you a roughly 30” wide space for securing a mirror too if desired.
- For reference on how to use anchor screws for different wall surfaces view wiki page here.
- View the installation and package details here.
SoloStrength ULTIMATE systems require exceptionally little maintenance. Details can be found in the user manual provided, with a summary below:
- Depending on dust in environment, run a paper towel or cloth along the inner extrusion channels to clean the dust which can collect, and re-lubricate as required (typically monthly or bi-monthly is more than adequate for this).
- You can wipe clean your system with light detergent solution and warm water as required and it’s recommended to towel down after each use for keeping most hygienic.
- CHECK SCREWS regularly, to ensure they haven’t loosened through use.
- Ensure proper functionality of the Support Bar spring loaded pins that they easily move inwards and lock fully outwards to display the PIN LOCKED line indicator on the bar when properly locked out.
- To clean the aluminum frame, the same detergent solution can be used as above, or a window or glass cleaning (Windex type) solution to keep your system looking and functioning like new.
If anything is not covered in the notes and tips above that you would like to share, or if you have any questions, please reach our customer service here, or call toll free: 1.604.818.6225